Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Computer crash!!

I apologize for the lack of posts. As many of you know, our computer died. :( At least, out laptop (we still have our decade old desktop that *works*). I'll try to keep up now that I have some functional use of the old desktop. A little applause for Best Buy and our good buddy Jim Smith though.

I went to turn on the computer, in which it promptly lit up, started the ever popular "whirring" noise, and then did nothing. NOTHING. Blank screen. This is where I absolutely panic. It had been only the evening before that I had asked Walt to transfer some more pictures over to the jump drive. Hadn't happened yet (YIKES!). So, I pull up some info on my iPhone, try a couple things, and no luck. So I call our church friend Jim, who is a former Geek Squad member and he offers to come take a look at it. He also had no luck. However, Walt called Best Buy (where it was purchased) and lo and behold, they can pull up our original store receipt by computer and verify that we bought the extended warranty!! WHEW!! Crisis averted. We also learned that our hard drive is totally functional, so all is not lost.

No comments:

Post a Comment