Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Freezer Cooking Day-Final Tally!













All in all, I think the freezer cooking day was a success!!

I learned a few things. I had to alter a few things. But looking at my fully stocked freezer and knowing that I only have to dump ingredients in the crockpot or stick a meal in the oven from now until Thanksgiving is very satisfying.

It took about 6 hours of total cooking time to complete everything. I did take breaks on occasion to wait for items in the oven, eat lunch, and to re-load/empty the dishwasher (it took 3 dishwasher loads by the day's end). I ended up with a couple of extra items (yay!) and I altered a couple. For example, I had originally planned on pumpkin muffins, but opted for pancakes since the griddle was already dirty from the chocolate chip pancakes. Both will be great for breakfast!
Here's the final tally:
Sausage Rigatoni (x2)
Mexican Chicken casserole (not originally listed but had the ingredients on hand)
Bean burritos (one dinner-8 burritos PLUS 2 extras for a microwave lunch!)
Fruit cups (24 individual cups)
Cheeseburger meatloaf
Chicken Pot Pie
Sloppy Joes
Butterhorn dinner rolls (40 rolls)
Stuffed shells
Chocolate chip whole wheat pancakes (40 pancakes)
Pumpkin pancakes (40 pancakes)
Chicken stir fry
Butternut squash macaroni and cheese (x2)
Teriyaki marinated chicken
Lemon pepper marinated chicken
Italian marinated chicken
Garlic and Herb marinated chicken


I hope that if you tried or try your own freezer cooking day, you have as much success as I did! I will continue posting as we eat the meals on the results of the flavor. :) I'll also start planning for December's cooking day!





No comments:

Post a Comment